SELF-ADJUSTING TIMING CHAIN
DF40A AND UP
The timing chain runs in an oil-bath so it never needs lubricating, and is equipped with an automatic hydraulic tensioner so it remains properly adjusted at all times.
- More durability compared to belt types of same class.
TWO-WAY WATER INLET
The engine’s cooling system relies on water supplied through low water inlets located on the lower unit, featuring two water inlets where usually there is only one.
- Increases the water flow, providing better cooling performance.
- Positioning an inlet at the front of the gear case delivers a greater water supply not only at high speeds but also during shallow drive.
SUZUKI ANTI-CORROSION FINISH
Special protection is applied to the aluminum surface using high strength bonding to protect the aluminum made exterior parts.
- Protection against corrosion helps increasethe overall engine durability.
SUZUKI WATER DETECTING SYSTEM
DF100A AND UP
It helps protect the engine from water in the fuel using a water detecting fuel filter to alert the operator with both visual and audio warnings when water is present in the fuel.
- Can avoid water in fuel, which can lead to issues like poor combustion, lower power output and corrosion.
SUZUKI DUAL LOUVER SYSTEM
The new DF325A is equipped with a dogleg shaped dual louver at the air intake to completely remove water from the air taken into the cowl.
- Allows a direct intake system, contributing to higher engine output.
SUZUKI LEADS IN AWARD-WINNING INNOVATION
The Innovation Awards (recognising technological innovation) granted each year by the NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association) are considered among the highest honours in marine technology. Of the new marine industry products in that year, they are awarded to “a product that shows technical leadership, is practical and cost-effective, and is truly beneficial to the consumer.” Starting with the DT200 Exanté in 1987 and extending to the DF350A in 2017, Suzuki outboard motors have received this Innovation Award a total of nine times. Eight of these awards have been for four stroke outboard motors, which is the largest number of awards in the engine category of this industry.
1987: DT200 Exanté / 1997: DF70 & DF60 / 1998: DF50 & DF40 / 2003: DF250 / 2006: DF300 / 2011: DF50A & DF40A / 2012: DF300AP / 2014: DF30A & DF25A / 2017: DF350A